God’s word says, “By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him? My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.” (1 John 3: 16-18)
At Richmond Christian School, students are taught to live out the word of God by participating in missions and community service. This is accomplished at all grade levels through classroom teaching, chapel service messages, and opportunities to serve. The following highlight some of the ways our students have reached out to their local community and the world.
- International mission trips
- Letter writing to servicemen and women serving abroad
- Collecting items for Samaritan’s Purse shoe boxes
- Class field trips to area nursing homes
- Mission trips including annual service with the New York School of Urban Ministry (NYSUM)
- Spanish National Honor Society purchase of a llama for a South American family
- “Glass Jar Missions Club” collected money donations for Haiti disaster relief
- Middle School project to collect band aids and color books for area children’s hospital
Community Service Hours are required in order to graduate from Richmond Christian School. These hours are accumulated throughout a student’s high school career and tracked through the school office.