- We believe that the Bible is foundational to all truth and should be integrated in all subject areas.
- We believe that students are uniquely designed with spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social gifts, and therefore possess various learning styles.
- We believe the school should be committed to continuous improvement.
- We believe that students who are enrolled at Richmond Christian School can meet high academic expectations.
- We believe that curriculum design, instructional strategies, and learning activities should be based on distinct goals and challenging expectations for student achievement.
- We believe that a variety of appropriate and relevant instructional approaches and methods of assessment should be provided in order to meet the various learning styles of students.
- We believe students can become confident, intrinsically-motivated, life-long learners.
- We believe that Richmond Christian School should function in a complementary role with the home and church to produce individuals who reflect a Biblical worldview and become productive members of society.
- We believe that students will be able to demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills by the use of critical thinking and integrated application.
Our Educational Philosophy
For education to be meaningful, it must be based upon truth. Richmond Christian School believes that all truth is Godâ€™s Truth and His Truth is revealed through the Bible which is infallible and is the standard for living a successful life. Only by recognizing God as the Creator, Designer, and Organizer of the Universe can a proper understanding and mastery of facts and knowledge be possible.
Richmond Christian School believes that Christian education is a process in which teaching and learning are conducted and directed through developmentally appropriate activities by Christian teachers who believe that His Word has the highest authority and who strive to bring all knowledge into a living relationship with His Truth.
Richmond Christian School functions in a complementary role with the Christian home to provide, in an educational setting, opportunities which integrate and nurture each studentâ€™s spiritual, academic, social, physical, and emotional development.
Richmond Christian School desires to produce individuals who are capable of being productive members of society, contributing members within the body of Christ, and reflecting a Biblical worldview. Through our curriculum, extracurricular programs, athletics and activities, we strive to produce young people with hearts that seek God and minds that pursue truth.